"Boosting Innovation & Digital Transformation to Stay Competitive"
Myanmar opened its banking sector to foreign investors last year. Foreign banks can now hold stakes of up to 35% in domestic banks, and those already .. Read more operating in Myanmar can now offer credit to domestic companies in both local and foreign currencies. This creates an increasingly competitive financial environment for banks. This liberalisation has sparked significant interest, especially from Asian banks.The insurance sector has also opened up to foreign providers. Elsewhere in Southeast Asia, digital banking is evolving to meet two very different markets. On one hand, ASEAN-5 and Brunei banks are focusing on the millennial population to attract a young and digital-savvy market which doesn’t bank in branches as previous generations did. On the other hand, digital banking and fintech startups are presenting a realm of possibilities to the under-banked population of Southeast Asia’s developing countries.This Virtual Summit presents fresh thinking & best practices for the industry.
- First hand insights into Myanmar banking liberalisation & opportunities for banks & insurance cos.
- Banking the unbanked & financial inclusion. Innovations in microfinance & SME lending
- Bank innovation & digital transformation. Rethinking Fintech
Gopal KiranDirector - Financial Services, SEA - Deloitte
Arivuvel RamuChief Technology Officer -TONIK Bank
Steve HaleyEconomic Development - Modusbox, USA
Hitoshi OkadaInformation & Society Research Division Associate Professor, National Institute of...
- [ Users who have shown interest for this Event ]
- + Add me as user
20 Jun 2019
19 Jun 2019
More Events From The Organizer
- INTO MYANMAR: Insurance Summit17 - 18 Nov 2020YangonEmerging Asia E-Commerce & Las..26 - 27 Nov 2020OnlineMobile Money & Financial Inclu..04 - 05 Feb 2021YangonAfrica Mini Grids Summit25 - 26 Feb 2021NairobiWest & Central Africa Mining S..05 - 06 Oct 2021Accra
Myanmar Private Equity...Supporting Organization New Delhi, IndiaSponsor
The Asian Bankers...Supporting OrganizationSponsor
Lao Bankers AssociationSupporting Organization New Delhi, IndiaSponsor
Fern SoftwareSaaS Digital Core Banking...Sponsor
TPSFintech Innovator Sponsor